Thinking of permitting your Vehicle to hibernate during the winter? Or looking to let it rest while you’re away on a long vacation? Once preparing your Vehicle for long storage, you need to take the correct steps to stop any damage which may occur during storage, as well as sustain its performance. If you don’t follow the proper way so that your Lovely cars Looks like the following Photograph! Following these steps to store your Vehicle properly will prevent money — and aggravation — later down the road:
1. Choose a clean, dry garage or storage facility, as damp air can cause rust. Ideally, store your Vehicle during a climate-controlled facility.
2. Fill the gas tank completely full. AN empty or low gas tank will result in internal rust as condensation and moisture build inside the tank. Also, add fuel stabilizer or corrosion inhibitors and then drive the Vehicle around a little in order to distribute the additive to engine parts.
3. Change the car oil. Spray lubricant on all exposed metal surfaces in the engine space to protect against rusting and corrosion.
4. Check your car for any leaks or drops from the brakes, transmission, and engine, and repair any leaks you find.
5. Place your Vehicle on 2 jack stands to relieve long-term weight on the tires.
6. Wash and wax your Vehicle to prevent corrosion. Clean out the interior to stop any rodents from making a home in your car, as well as to relieve your tires from any unnecessary weight. Using a leather or vinyl conditioner on your seats can safeguard them from cracking and drying.
7. Disconnect the battery to prevent battery failure, and store it in a battery box — not on a concrete floor.
8. Plug the tailpipe with aluminum foil or rag to deter any rodents and moist air from entering your car — but keep in mind to remove the foil or rag before starting your car again.
9. Make sure the parking brake is disengaged to avoid brake corrosion.
10. Park your car on a plastic sheet and then cover your Vehicle with a high-quality, permeable Body Cover.
Before putting your car in long storage, bring it to a good Automotive Workshops/ Garage to run a full repair and maintenance check.